Saturday, April 30, 2011

AHsu - Assig 2: Word it! - "Goal"



This is exactly what came into my mind when you said 'Goal.'

For those of you who are not sure what these are, these are the Quidditch Quaffle goals with a Chaser and Keeper.

I like the movement and energy of the figures. I like that they are in the air flying high above the ground. I like that the goals are so tall. I like that they have both jumped off their brooms with commitment to the present action. If I could have drawn it, I would have changed the perspective, so that we were looking at the goals from an angle and a little below, instead of straight on, to get a better sense of the stature of the goals and to emphasize the goals themselves more. I would also have had just one figure, the Chaser, and gotten a good look at the strain on his face and the reach of his arm. But again, as in my previous post, this image conveys what I wanted to convey far better than if I had attempted to draw it myself.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Harry Potter's game ^___^ Did you capture it while playing?

    To be honest, if I didn't read Harry Potter, I couldn't figure out what they were doing in the picture. I couldn't see the ball T___T

    ReplyDelete
  2. was this image from the book or the game?

    ReplyDelete